2013 was a busy year with plenty of changes at work and home and much learnt. Some of the things I realised were:
- most of the time I talk sense and make informed decisions;
- the rest of the time I need to listen to others as we’re never too old to learn new skills or to try and see things differently;
- 0thers rely on me more than I thought;
- I therefore need to keep myself fit in body and mind to be effective;
- if we think we have been through a lot of recent changes in how we live and work then it is nothing to what is yet to come.
Crucially, I’ve realised all the above rely on success of the second and fourth points. If we are over committed, stressed, aren’t fit or able to continue to learn we will be less effective. Listening, learning, contributing to, sharing and developing what others are doing can be creative ways of problem solving. It’s basic stuff but sometimes overlooked as we go about the daily grind.
So some things I’ve recently read that I want to share and highlight as I think they will become mainstream for me and hopefully others too in 2014. I hope you find them useful.
Continue reading “2014 – has to be more than an interest”